Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh Yes We Did!!! OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA!

"This is your victory," says President Obama. Can you say the first black president in the U. S. of A.?

Last night my "Howard University" girlfriends and I were on the phone in awe. We screamed at the top of our lungs, cried like Jesse Jackson, and laughed at all of the disbelievers who didn't think the youth, American people in the hood, and conservative Americans wouldn't go out and vote for Obama. They did!

I am so proud to be who I am and where I am from now because I can look up and see a reflection of a better possibility for me, my ancestors, and my friends and family in the White House. Finally. I always wanted to change the world and I always wondered how would I do it and influence and change everyone in America. Now I know all I have to do is keep working hard and walk through the door Obama has opened for me. I take this Presidential election personally because throughout his entire campaign I always felt like he was speaking to me. He speaks to everyone who has lost hope and felt like they would never amount to anything or those who had to wear their race, class, or religion on their sleeve. So, defensive because their backgrounds and positions were never taken serious.

It has been a long, long, long road to the White House, but we believed that Yes We Can and today we can say Yes We Did!
Lick a Shot for Obama - Jay-Z

If you would ask me today who do I think is the most slept on artist? I would say, "Barack Obama". So, in honor of Obama and The World I dedicate this song to us. Let's lick a shot for Barack Obama!

No comments: