Monday, June 21, 2010

Cool Kids & Theophilus London in Boston 6/24



Like, most crazy events that occur in my life finding new music from artists is usually an accident. I never think, hey i'm going to surf the net for new music because when I do go out on that type of musical quest I always end up finding garbage. So, I may check my inbox, which is flooded daily with press releases of artists I have never heard of, so if the artists are lucky enough for their inquiry to hit my inbox when I have some down time, I give it a hardcore listen. Thats how I discovered Palestinian/Canadian Soul singer Ms. Ayah, whom I adore.

The point of all of that was to say that The Cool Kids & Theophilus London, two artists that I accidentally fell for (story of my life) are coming to Boston this week. They will be performing at the Middle East, in Cambridge, MA. I plan on reviewing this show and hopefully setting up a quick Q&A with the guys.
Theophilus is not your average emcee because his style is peculiar, he writes all of his music (which is an oxymoron when discussing hip-hop nowadays), like Kanye he has a sick blog "This Charming Blog" http://theophiluslondon.wordpress.com/, and the dude can actually rap. Yeah, his flow sounds like The Roots Black Thought, but when has that become a bad thing. Theo's music--wait can I call you that? Theo's music is easy on the ear and believe it or not the brotha is actually saying something.

Check his latest video "I want you", YouTube him, and if you are in the Boston area def check him out this week.

-Nakia


No comments: